CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – Directors
14 August 2023
The mission of La Maison des Collines is to provide high-quality palliative care and support to patients at the end of life and their families through the prevention and control of debilitating physical symptoms, while offering the spiritual, psychological and emotional support needed by patients at the end of life in an environment of calm, peace and tranquillity.
We are looking for candidates (3) to serve as directors on our Board of Directors. The ideal director is interested in end-of-life care, volunteerism and a desire to live fully and with dignity until their last breath. The Board of Directors is seeking candidates with the following personal and professional characteristics:
- Desire to make a commitment to the mission, vision, values and to contribute to strategic planning;
- Integrity, honesty and demonstration of moral and ethical character;
- Respect for the diverse views and differences of each individual;
- Ability to make sound decisions based on analysis of information received and in solidarity with the Board members;
- Availability and active participation in the work of the Board;
- Leadership that is conducive to the board’s smooth functioning and achieving the organization’s desired results.
Skills and Experience Sought on the Board of Directors
- Professional expertise in human resources;
- Experience in communications, marketing and/or media;
- Professional expertise in law;
- Professional experience in finance and accounting;
- Personal experience in palliative care, home care or hospital settings;
- Good knowledge of the business community, ability to act as an ambassador;
- Event planning and philanthropic development skills;
- Develop and maintain a regional network of contacts.
- Only those individuals approved for membership by the Board of Directors will be eligible to apply. Therefore, applicants must be members of La Maison des Collines. Members of La Maison des Collines are people aged 18 and over who have made a financial donation during the last fiscal year (April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023) and who respect the mission and values of La Maison des Collines;
- Have no criminal record related to the position and agree to a criminal background check.
Submission of Applications
Interested individuals must (1) submit a resume and letter of interest explaining why they wish to serve on the Board of Directors and how they feel they can contribute to La Maison des Collines’ mission; and (2) be a donor of La Maison des Collines. Nominations must be submitted by Friday, September 8, 2023 at 4:00 pm via email to email@example.com.