Become a volunteer
Contribute a few hours of your time on a regular basis and help La Maison des Collines carry out its vital mission. Depending on your interests, availability and experience, you can contribute actively to a number of the MDC’s activities. If interested, please reach out to Émilie, our Director of Operations – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several volunteer opportunities are available and we will make sure to take your needs into consideration so that your experience is as enriching as possible.
At the MDC, volunteers are essential and play an important role within the versatile and dynamic interdisciplinary team. Here are a few areas you can get involved in:
- Support and providing care
- Fundraising activities
- Administration and communications
- Interior maintenance
- Exterior maintenance / landscaping
- Other: secretarial/administrative tasks, entertainment, philanthropy, sewing, decoration, etc.
Join our team of volunteers
Volunteering isn’t simply giving your time; it is also giving of yourself. With their skills and experience, volunteers contribute to the development of their community.
- Stimulate personal growth;
- Acquire new skills;
- Broaden your horizons;
- Create and maintain a feeling of belonging;
- Expand your social and professional network;
- Stay active.
You can join our team of volunteers by offering regular support based on your interests and skills.
To become a volunteer with the MDC you must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be screened as to your capabilities and motivations;
- commit to volunteer for at least six months;
- complete the Volunteer Service application form;
- attend an interview once your application has been reviewed;
- participate in a rigorous training program when you start volunteering.
If you have recently experienced the loss of a loved one, a serious illness or a separation, we strongly suggest that you wait at least 12 months before applying to become a volunteer.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to discuss your involvement in the MDC.