Smile Cookie Campaign 2020: 3,770$ raised for La Maison des Collines
9 October 2020
Restaurant owner from Wakefield (Québec) is donating 100% of proceeds
from sales of Smile Cookies to La Maison des Collines
LA PÊCHE, OCTOBER 9, 2020 – Tim Hortons restaurant owners and millions of generous Canadians across the country combined broke a new Smile Cookie record by raising $10.56 million for local charities across the country.
This year in Wakefield (Québec), local Tim Hortons restaurant owner Alain Francis and guests helped raise $3,770 to support La Maison des Collines. Thirteen volunteers rolled up their sleeves and contributed 56 hours of their time to make 3,770 Smile Cookies in support of palliative care. The funds will be used to help offset the loss in revenues due to the pandemic.
“We are so grateful to the team at Tim Hortons Wakefield, and all those who purchased a Smile Cookie. We’re fortunate to live in a generous community whose members recognize the need to support end of life care. All of the proceeds will go directly to programs and services at La Maison des Collines,” says Julie Filion, Executive Director of the palliative care home.
“We were absolutely blown away by the generosity of Canadians for our annual Smile Cookie campaign,” says Tim Hortons Chief Marketing Officer Hope Bagozzi.
Tim Hortons restaurant owners across Canada will be presenting their local charity partners with Smile Cookie cheques throughout the next month.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2019, the Smile Cookie campaign raised a record $9.8 million across Canada
- For over 24 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests have been spreading smiles. The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- Nationally, Tim Hortons restaurant owners support over 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @MaisonCollines
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & La Maison des Collines
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit ca/smile-cookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign
– 30 –
About La Maison des Collines
La Maison des Collines (MDC) is a centre of excellence in palliative care, with a team of professionals offering support to patients and their families at every stage of the end-of-life process. Learn more at lamaisondescollines.org.
For more information or interview requests, please contact:
Julie Filion, Executive Director
La Maison des Collines
About TIM HORTONS®
In 1964, the first Tim Hortons® restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario opened its doors and Canadians have been ordering Tim Hortons iconic Original Blend coffee, Double-Double ™ coffees, Donuts and Timbits® in the years since. Over the last 55 years, Tim Hortons has captured the hearts and taste buds of Canadians. Tim Hortons is Canada’s largest restaurant chain operating in the quick service industry serving over 5 million cups of coffee every day with 80% of Canadians visiting one of nearly 4,000 Tim Hortons in Canada at least once a month. More than a coffee and bake shop, Tim Hortons is part of the Canadian fabric and guests can enjoy hot and cold specialty beverages – including lattes, cappuccinos and espressos, teas and our famous Iced Capps™ – alongside delicious breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, soups and more. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 restaurants in Canada, the United States and around the world. For more information on Tim Hortons visit TimHortons.ca.